Ipswich man, 27, arrested after stabbing in Bury St Edmunds car park
- Credit: Archant
A man from Ipswich has been arrested in connection with the stabbing of a 40-year-old man in Bury St Edmunds.
The victim remains at West Suffolk hospital, where he is being treated for stab wounds following the attack at the Parkway multi-storey car park at about 2.30pm on Monday (July 4).
His condition is currently described as stable.
A 27-year-old man from Ipswich has subsequently been arrested on suspicion of assault causing grievous bodily harm.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Detectives do not believe this to be a random attack and understand that the parties involved are known to each other.
There is currently a police cordon in place at the car park, which remains closed to anyone wishing to enter with a vehicle. However, anyone with a vehicle that was inside the car park prior to the attack will be allowed entry to remove it.
- 1 Travellers pitch up at popular park in east Suffolk town
- 2 Police attending 'incident' near town centre
- 3 Matchday Recap: How Town's cup defeat to Colchester played out
- 4 'He'd be dead' - mum's terror after wave drags her and baby down beach
- 5 'Quite different to traditional gyms' Suffolk gym with a difference opens
- 6 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's Carabao Cup exit
- 7 Suffolk villagers say 70 homes development creating 'dust storm'
- 8 Smoke seen across Ipswich as crews tackle large fire
- 9 Buy the bread everyone’s raving about at new Suffolk cafe
- 10 Ongoing heathland blaze sees 147 calls made to fire service
Detectives are continuing to appeal for any witnesses to the attack and would also like to hear from anyone who may have seen a man acting suspiciously in the vicinity of the car park from lunchtime onwards.
Anyone with information is asked to contact West CID at Bury St Edmunds Police Station, quoting reference: 41977/22.