Man required hospital treatment after assault in Clacton
- Credit: Archant
A man has been taken to hospital following an alleged assault in Clacton.
Police are appealing for witnesses to the incident that took place at 11.45am on Monday, July 12.
It has been reported that a man walking along St Osyth Road began to punch and kick a car.
The driver of the car got out of the vehicle and was then allegedly assaulted by the man, described as white with short blond hair. He is around 5ft 6ins tall and was wearing a grey tracksuit and black trainers and carrying a JD Sports bag.
He was last seen walking towards the town centre.
The victim, a man in his 20s, required hospital treatment for a facial cut.
A 33-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of wounding with intent to cause grievous bodily harm and released under investigation.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 8 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 9 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 10 Mike Bacon: This Ipswich team has Paul Cook's style stamped all over it
Anyone who witnessed the incident is asked to call us on 101 quoting crime reference 42/136474/21.