Man left with serious injuries after late-night attack in town centre
- Credit: PA
A man has been left with serious injuries following a late-night attack in Harwich town centre.
Officers from Essex Police were called to High Street shortly after 1am on Sunday, September 19.
Police arrived at the scene to discover a man in his 20s was seriously injured.
He was taken to hospital for treatment, where he remains.
Mitchell Sullivan, 22, of St Edmunds Close, Harwich, has been charged with causing grievous bodily harm without intent and assault by beating in connection with the incident.
He appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court on Wednesday and the case was sent to Chelmsford Crown Court.
Sullivan has been detained in custody ahead of his next court appearance on October 20.
- 1 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 2 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 3 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 4 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 5 'It was gut wrenching' - Mum's Covid message after son, 12, hospitalised
- 6 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 7 Hundreds of calls, fighting off interest, a health scare and a missing man - how Town signed match-winner Celina this summer
- 8 Why is this Suffolk address on Covid lateral flow test boxes?
- 9 'Not enough thank yous in this world' - mum of baby saved by police
- 10 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
Detective Sergeant Dan Smith, of Essex Police, said: "This investigation has been fast paced, but we would still like any other witnesses to the incident or anyone who may have mobile phone footage of the offence to get in touch."
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact Clacton CID, quoting incident number 100 of September 19.