Man charged with causing death by careless driving after A140 crash
- Credit: RACHEL EDGE/ARCHANT
A 75-year-old man has appeared in court charged with causing death by careless driving following a crash on the A140.
Paul Walker, of High Road, Needham, Norfolk, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Thursday accused of causing the death of Haydn Lander by careless driving on December 11, 2019.
Emergency services were called at 6.30am to the crash on A140 at Little Stonham which involved a DAF lorry, a Peugeot Partner van and a SEAT Ibiza.
Mr Lander, who was the van driver, died at the scene.
The road remained closed for several hours while an investigation took place, and electrical power to Little Stonham had to be switched off for several hours from around 11am.
Walker, who was the driver of DAF heavy goods vehicle, elected to have the case heard at the crown court at the short hearing.
He will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on April 8.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Angry resident threatened with arrest over fake parking tickets
- 4 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 5 Mike Bacon: It's going to take more than 'potential' to get into Cook's starting XI next season
- 6 Classic car show to return this summer with new venue
- 7 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 8 Police hunt for wanted men after west Suffolk shooting
- 9 KOA podcast special: Cook tells majority of Town squad they can go
- 10 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket