Man in 80s has Rolex watch stolen by muggers
A man in his 80s had his Rolex watch stolen after he was forcibly grabbed by a woman in a village near Thetford.
The incident happened in Mill Lane in Barnham, west Suffolk, at some point between 3pm and 3.30pm on Saturday, August 21, Suffolk police said.
The man was approached near the bus stop by a woman, who claimed she was from Colombia and was looking for farm work.
She then forcibly grabbed the man by his arms and made attempts to search his pockets.
The man then pushed the woman away before she ran to the front passenger door of a small, dark-coloured car - believed to be a Fiat 500 or a Mini - which was waiting by the war memorial, at the junction with The Street.
You may also want to watch:
The car drove off in the direction of Bury St Edmunds.
It was only after the car drove off when the man realised his silver Rolex watch had been stolen from his wrist.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town close out game to secure big win
- 2 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 5 Major Lowestoft road partially closed due to police incident
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 7 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed
- 8 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 9 Soul-searching, an unleashing and the enemy within - Town travel to Lincoln in search of a win
- 10 Yellow weather warning for heavy rain issued for parts of Suffolk
The woman is described as 5ft 6ins tall, between 25 and 30 years old and with dark hair and wearing dark clothing.
Anyone with information related to the incident is urged to contact Suffolk police, quoting reference 46213/21.