Two arrested after man assaulted in town centre
- Credit: Tendring Trains and Busses Twitter
A man was struck on the head in assault in Colchester, with two people being arrested on suspicion of grievous bodily harm.
Police were called to Head Street at around 5.20pm on Thursday, August 19.
A cordon was in place while an investigation was carried out.
A spokesperson for Essex Police said: "It was reported that the victim, a man in his 40s, and his partner had become involved in an argument with another man and woman and was then assaulted."
A woman, aged 40 and from Colchester, and a man from Kent aged 38, have been arrested on suspicion of GBH.
They are both in custody for questioning.
Anyone with any information or has any CCTV, dashcam or mobile phone footage should come forward and quote the crime reference number 42/172958/21.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window