Man brandished meat cleaver and exposed himself in Bury St Edmunds
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A man brandishing a meat cleaver exposed himself to two people after threatening them in Bury St Edmunds town centre.
The incident happened in the vicinity of Risbygate Street and School Yard between 4.30pm and 4.40pm on Monday, Suffolk police said.
A man was reported to have made threats towards another man and a woman whilst holding a meat cleaver.
He then exposed himself after making the threats.
Police were called and subsequently arrested a 42-year-old man on suspicion of possession of an offensive weapon.
He was further arrested on suspicion of affray and exposure after he was taken to Bury St Edmunds police investigation centre for questioning.
The man has since been released under investigation, pending further enquiries.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 7 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 8 Man admits sex offences against children dating back to 2005
- 9 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 10 New curator appointed at Suffolk tourist attraction
Police believe there were several members of the public in the area at the time of the incident and have urged witnesses to come forward.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference number 67556/21.