Man injured as 4 men break into home and threaten him with knife
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man was injured in his home in Clacton after four intruders threatened him with a knife.
Police are appealing for information following the aggravated burglary in Alton Road, which happened just before 10.45pm on Monday, June 14.
Four white men with northern accents forced entry to the property, assaulted the man and threatened him with a knife. At this stage, police do not believe that anything was taken.
At least one of the men is then believed to have headed in the direction of the police station.
The first man is described as being of a stocky build, and wearing a white-and-blue polo neck striped T-shirt. He is also believed to have been wearing jeans.
The second man is believed to have been wearing a black bomber-style coat, while the third and fourth men are also believed to have been wearing black bomber jackets.
Police are asking anyone in the local area to check their dashcam, CCTV or doorbell footage.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 3 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 6 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week
Anyone who lives nearby and heard or saw anything suspicious is also asked to get in touch.
You can submit evidence on the Essex Police website or call 101, quoting the crime reference number 42/114330/21, or call Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.