Man jailed for stabbing victim with broken bottle in Ipswich town centre
- Credit: Suffolk police
A man has been jailed for more than two years after a stabbing in Ipswich town centre.
Gary Daily, 34, of Gladstone Road, was jailed for 30 months at Ipswich Crown Court after pleading guilty to unlawful wounding and having an article with a blade or point in a public place.
The incident happened on Wednesday, September 22 in Tavern Street in Ipswich.
The victim, a man in his 50s, was walking in Tavern Street with a friend when he was approached by two men.
An argument ensued between the victim and Daily, with the victim stabbed once to the lower back leaving a puncture wound.
Daily was arrested the following day and taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning and subsequently charged.
Pc Jack Evans of Ipswich CID said: “This was a nasty incident where Daily used a broken bottle to inflict the wounds on his victim.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 5 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 8 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 9 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
- 10 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
"Fortunately, the victim was not more seriously injured.
"This sentence demonstrates that carrying any type of pointed weapon, not just a knife, can have serious implications if you are caught and charged.”
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.