Man killed and woman in critical condition after double stabbing
- Credit: PA
A man has died and a woman is in critical condition following a double stabbing in Bury St Edmunds.
A 38-year-old man has since been arrested on suspicion of murder.
Police were called at 3pm on Tuesday afternoon (April 26) to reports of a stabbing at Harland Court, off Station Hill.
Officers were immediately sent to the area and found the victims with stab wounds in a flat.
A 40-year-old man died at the scene shortly after, and a woman, also in her 40s, is in hospital in a critical but stable condition.
Just after 3.30pm, a 38-year-old man from Bury St Edmunds was detained by police in the vicinity of St John’s Street in connection with the incident and he was arrested on suspicion of murder.
He has been taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
- 1 'That’s a good possibility' - McKenna on Baggott's Ipswich pathway
- 2 Review: A hidden food gem in Suffolk's smallest town
- 3 Consultation set to start on plans for 300 new homes near village
- 4 Cordon lifted after suspected bombs found in Bury St Edmunds
- 5 Kenlock's been cut loose by Town but leaves as part of exclusive club
- 6 Town centre going strong as four new businesses set to open in Bury St Edmunds
- 7 Police appeal after woman in 70s suffers serious injuries in crash
- 8 Retained lists 2022: Who has departed Championship and League One clubs so far
- 9 Ex-police officer jailed for taking victims’ pictures 'attacked in prison'
- 10 Dozens of hale bales catch fire on back of lorry
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses to the attack and would like to hear from anyone who was in the vicinity of Harland Court between 2pm and 3pm.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team, quoting reference: CAD 240 of April 26. Call 101.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100pc anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form: www.crimestoppers-uk.org