Man bailed after death of woman in Newmarket
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A 50-year old man arrested in connection with the death of a woman in Newmarket has been released on bail - with another man remaining in custody.
Officers were called just after 10.10pm on Saturday, August 7 to a property in New Cheveley Road.
An ambulance attended the scene but a woman, aged in her 40s, was pronounced dead a short time later.
A cordon remains in place while an investigation into the circumstances continues.
Early enquiries lead detectives to believe it was an isolated incident and that there is no wider threat to the community.
Shortly after the incident, police arrested two men from Newmarket - one aged 57 and another aged 50 - on suspicion of murder.
The 50-year-old man has now been bailed to returned to police on September 1.
Any witnesses, or anyone with information about the incident, is asked to contact the joint major investigation team at Suffolk police, quoting incident number 37/43271/21.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks