Man sentenced for tampering with cars
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A man has been convicted of tampering with cars in Haverhill after admitting the offences before magistrates.
Wayne Read, 37, of Fritton Court, Haverhill, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court in Ipswich yesterday and pleaded guilty to three counts of interfering with a motor vehicle.
Police said there were three reports of a BMW, a VW Golf, and a white Ford estate being tampered with in the town on Saturday night.
Read was subsequently arrested by officers and charged on Saturday.
Suffolk police said the arrest followed a spate of theft from vehicles in Haverhill.
Read was sentenced to a 12-month community order by magistrates and must also complete up to 15 days Rehabilitation Activity days.
He was also ordered to pay a fine of £95.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 6 'It could do us the world of good... it brings everyone down to earth with a little bit of a bump' - Cook on Millwall loss
- 7 Cook will be looking to complete the puzzle as Town host Millwall in dress rehearsal
- 8 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week