Man and woman arrested after two-year-old child dies are rebailed
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
A man and a woman who were arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter after a two-year-old died have been rebailed.
Police were called to a property in Tollgate Road in Beacon End, near Colchester, after receiving reports of an unresponsive child on Sunday, November 7.
Officers were called by the ambulance service at about 8.15am.
However, an Essex Police spokesman confirmed the child had died.
A 40-year-old man and a 36-year-old woman were subsequently arrested on suspicion of child neglect and manslaughter.
They were bailed to answer police on Thursday, but have now been rebailed by officers to January 20.
- 1 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Burglar jailed for break-in at Stowmarket dental practice
- 4 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 5 Stu says: Six observations following Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 6 Parish council concerned about plans for new A14 service station
- 7 Friends speak of 'spiking' in market town and advise others: 'be careful'
- 8 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
- 9 Rail services affected after person hit by train
- 10 Former Town defender McGreal returns to club in coaching role