Man due in court charged with rape of girl nearly 30 years ago
- Credit: Archant
A man is due to appear in court in April to face charges in connection with the rape and sexual assault of a girl nearly 30 years ago.
Police said this follows an investigation into an allegation that a child had been assaulted in Colchester between 1992 and 1993.
Martyn Shepherd, 43, of California Close, Colchester, is due to appear at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on April 13 to face charges of rape and indecent assault of a girl.
Police said: "We understand that publicising these cases can be distressing for some readers.
"We’d like to reassure you that we have specialist officers who support victims and investigate these types of offences, these officers can signpost you to support networks."
If you have been affected by a sexual offence or want to report one, you can call police on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555111.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 10 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains