Men chased after interfering with car in Waitrose car park
- Credit: Google Maps
Two men were chased after interfering with a car in a Waitrose car park in Saxmundham.
The incident happened on Monday, March 28 outside the store in Church Hill, Suffolk police said.
The men attempted to remove a catalytic converter from a Toyota Prius by jacking up the vehicle.
The owner returned to their car and noticed it rocking, Suffolk police said.
They challenged the male suspects who answered "wrong wheel", lowered the vehicle, ran off and made their escape in a medium sized blue car.
The offenders were described as white and in their 20s.
Police are also appealing for information after a catalytic converter was stolen from a Honda Jazz vehicle in Station Yard in Darsham near Saxmundham on Tuesday, March 29.
- 1 A12 reopens after air ambulance called to three-lorry crash
- 2 Suffolk campsite named among the best in the UK by the Guardian
- 3 Weather warning for Suffolk as thunderstorms expected to affect travel
- 4 'Like a Halloween scene' - huge caterpillar webs engulf hedges
- 5 Town take up option on Tyreece Simpson... plus two other youngsters update
- 6 Forbidden Suffolk: 6 places you can't visit in the county
- 7 Men convicted of kidnap and rape of Ipswich girl
- 8 Suffolk celebrates! Full list of county's 185 street parties for the Queen's jubilee
- 9 River turns white after limestone powder spillage
- 10 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
Anyone with any information about the incidents should contact Suffolk police quoting crime reference 37/18722/22 for the Saxmundham Waitrose incident or 37/18800/22 for Darsham.
Join our Suffolk Crime Watch Facebook group for all the latest crime news in the county.