Woman, 40, killed in seaside attack named as murder probe continues
- Credit: GOOGLE MAPS
A woman who died after suffering a head injury in Jaywick has been named by police as Michelle Cooper from Clacton.
The 40-year-old is alleged to have been assaulted in Beach Way last Friday.
She was taken to hospital with a head injury but died on Sunday.
Bobby Nethercott, 31, of Park Square East, Jaywick, has been charged in connection with her murder.
He has also been charged with two counts of actual bodily harm.
Nethercott appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday and is set to appear again at Chelmsford Crown Court on June 4.
Detective Chief Inspector Steve Jennings, from the Kent and Essex Serious Crime Directorate, said: “Our investigation into Michelle’s death continues.
- 1 Tories retain Suffolk County Council control - but Greens make huge gains
- 2 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 3 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks
- 4 See inside beautiful stately home near Ipswich - for one day only
- 5 A weekend of potential departures as Town finish up their disappointing season
- 6 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 7 The end of an era as Suffolk's last Debenhams store closes
- 8 Elections 2021: Tim Passmore re-elected Suffolk Police and Crime Commissioner
- 9 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 10 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
“It is not too late to speak to us if you have any information that will help my officers.
“I appreciate incidents like this can cause concern to the local community, but we believe this was an isolated attack with no risk to the wider public.”
Anyone with information should call 101 quoting crime reference 42/76463/21.
Alternatively, contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.