Shocked woman finds naked burglar asleep in her bed
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A woman was shocked when she returned home to find a naked burglar asleep in her bed, a court has heard.
The intruder had left his wallet and keys on a worktop in her kitchen and had a shower in her bathroom before getting into her bed, Ipswich Crown Court was told.
The police were called and arrested 25-year old Mitchell O’Loughlin after pulling back the covers and finding him asleep in the woman’s bed, at her home in Colchester.
He was naked and his clothes were in a black bin liner next to the bed, said Simon Gladwell, prosecuting.
He said the woman had returned home at 5.40pm with a work colleague and found her patio doors open.
O’Loughlin, of Desborough Path, Chelmsford, admitted burglary at the woman’s house in Meeanee Mews, Colchester on October 4 last year.
Judge Emma Peters adjourned sentence until March 4 for a psychiatric report to help her decide if O’Loughlin should be jailed or needed treatment under the Mental Health Act.
- 1 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 2 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 3 Seven players who could leave Ipswich Town this summer
- 4 A14 westbound reopens after crash caused 7 miles of delays
- 5 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 6 Conveyor belt which carried pig carcases across Suffolk A-road is demolished
- 7 Mercedes and Vauxhall flip over after crash in busy Ipswich road
- 8 Boy, 10, asked to get in car by two men near Sudbury
- 9 Boss McKenna on Town's 'challenging and important' pre-season schedule
- 10 Queen's Platinum Jubilee Flypast to pass over Suffolk
The court heard that while he was having a shower at the woman’s house O”Loughlin had damaged a side panel on her bath.