Nightclub customer struck man on head with bottle after backflips dispute
- Credit: GREGG BROWN
A customer at a Colchester nightclub who hit a man over the head with a bottle has been given a suspended prison sentence.
The victim of the attack had been at a nightclub in Colchester High Street on August 14 last year and had complained about Jonathan Jedburgh’s group doing backflips off tables near the dance floor.
Jedburgh and the victim had shaken hands after the incident but as the victim walked away, Jedburgh charged at him and hit him four or five times to the back of the head and face with a bottle.
During the same evening, he had also head-butted another man on a staircase.
Neither of the victims had made statements to the police and the only evidence came from CCTV footage.
Jedburgh, 25, of Heritage Road, London, admitted affray and was given a 15-month prison sentence suspended for two years.
He was given an alcohol abstinence and monitoring requirement, a 50-day rehabilitation programme and a Thinking Skills programme.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 4 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
- 7 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 8 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 9 Ipswich Town Transfer Talk: Taylor and Hirst links analysed
- 10 LOOK: 12 pictures from Weird and Wonderful Wood 2022
Steven Dyble, for Jedburgh, said there had been a dispute between the victim’s group of friends and Jedburgh’s group because the defendant’s group had been doing backflips.
He said Jedburgh had got a job as a trainee chef.