Woman killed in collision with car named as Penelope Coggan, 73
- Credit: Archant
Police are naming a woman who died in a collision on a country road in Essex.
Penelope Coggan, 73, died after she was involved in a collision with a car in Harwich Road, Great Oakley, last Saturday.
Essex Police officers say Ms Coggan was a local woman and was pronounced dead at the scene.
Hivda Altuntop, 20, of High Street, Harwich, was charged in connection with her death and appeared at Colchester Magistrates’ Court on Monday.
She was remanded in custody and will now appear at Chelmsford Crown Court on May 24.
Altuntop was charged with causing death by dangerous driving, aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop following a collision, failing to report a collision, driving with eyesight that did not comply with requirements, driving while uninsured, possession of a knife, and possession of a controlled Class B drug.
- 1 Man in 20s dies in collision between lorry and pedestrian on A14
- 2 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Blues linked with goalkeeper and coaching move for former loanee
- 4 Car on its side in middle of roundabout after crash outside Haverhill Tesco
- 5 Van's roof torn off as it gets stuck under Suffolk bridge
- 6 'Next season we'll have a right go' - Roberts on Fleetwood win and Chambers' future
- 7 Matchday Recap: Lightning start for Town secures Fleetwood win
- 8 'Masterpiece' modernist home with panoramic sea views for sale for £850,000
- 9 Biker breaks collarbone in swerve to avoid car on wrong side of road
- 10 Joy as council reverses ban on motorhomes in car parks