Hospital order on gun dealer who shot his wife is extended
- Credit: Archant
A judge has extended an interim hospital order on a gun dealer who fatally shot his solicitor wife at their Suffolk farmhouse.
Peter Hartshorne-Jones, 52, was charged with murder after his wife was found shot inside their family home at The Green, Barham, on the morning of Sunday, May 3 last year.
Hartshorne-Jones denied murdering his 41-year-old wife Silke but admitted manslaughter by reason of diminished responsibility at a hearing in September.
Mrs Hartshorne-Jones was found on the floor upstairs, with two gunshot wounds, after police were called by her husband at 4.45am.
She was taken to Ipswich Hospital but died a short time later at 6.42am.
A post-mortem examination confirmed her death was the result of two gunshot wounds.
Hartshorne-Jones is said to have had a recurrent depressive disorder and had psychotic symptoms at the time of the shooting.
Judge Martyn Levett imposed a Section 38 interim hospital order for 12 weeks in April.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 3 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 4 Aldi to open 100 new supermarkets with eyes on four towns in Suffolk
- 5 'Outstanding' former Ipswich teachers leave £2million to charities in will
- 6 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 7 Town sign 6ft 5ins striker as Nsiala, Jackson and Barry all start for U23s
- 8 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 North Stander: Bonne's becoming a Blues icon - now we have to start winning
Today, the judge extended the order until September 10 to allow the defendant to continue receiving treatment.
Hartshorne-Jones is due to be sentenced on August 31.