Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- Credit: NS Police Dogs Twitter
A motorist has been charged after he was found to be nearly four times the legal drink-drive limit.
Police were called following reports that a car had crashed into a wall on a village road in Somerleyton in the early hours of Saturday morning (April 10).
With officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team and the Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit responding, searches were carried out around the B1074 road in the village after the driver of the white car fled following the crash.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Police Dog Unit said Pd Harry tracked the driver into a field, with the motorist soon found "hidden in brambles in the bottom of a ditch."
In a tweet, the team revealed the driver was then arrested for drink driving.
You may also want to watch:
It said: "One en route to custody having provided a breath reading of 135ugs."
On Saturday evening, the Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team confirmed the man has been charged.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 4 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 'The manager has to impose his will... we'll give him the resources to do that' - Detmer on Cook's transfer funds
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 9 Delays continue on A12 after lorry rolls in crash
- 10 Murder accused storms out of witness box after admitting stabbing his ex