Woman claims alleged sexual abuse took place almost weekly
- Credit: Charlotte Bond
A woman who claims she was sexually assaulted by a Suffolk man more than two decades ago when she was as young as five has told a court the abuse happened almost weekly for four years.
Giving evidence via video link the woman told a jury at Ipswich Crown Court that Garry Caswell, who was about a decade older than her, would gesture for her to get into bed with him and he would then touch her intimately and get her to touch him.
She said Caswell, who has denied 10 offences of indecently assaulting her and two of indecency with a child, was silent during the alleged touching and she was silent too.
“I didn’t know what was happening,” she said.
Caswell, now aged 43, of Park Road, Lowestoft, has also denied offences of rape, indecent assault and indecency with a child in respect of another alleged victim.
The offences date back to the mid-1990s.
Caswell told police he had fallen out with both the alleged victims but could think of no other reason he they would make false allegations against him.
- 1 What time will the Red Arrows be flying over Suffolk this weekend?
- 2 Suffolk woman stole thousands from football club and school
- 3 Woman in hospital with life-threatening injuries after serious A143 crash
- 4 Is this tearoom near Ipswich one of Suffolk’s best-kept secrets?
- 5 Plans for two drive-through takeaways in Suffolk town
- 6 Town boss McKenna adds ex-Manchester United player to coaching staff
- 7 Revealed: The top serious road crash hotspots in Suffolk
- 8 Huge barn conversion with amazing field views goes up for rent
- 9 New landlord hopes to make Suffolk pub 'centre' of village community
- 10 Great Suffolk car-making dream to be relived as Strada 4-88 comes home to show
The trial continues.