Man admits dangerous driving and offensive weapons charges
- Credit: Su Anderson
A Wivenhoe man has pleaded guilty to a series of driving and weapons charges after crashing into a number of cars in Colchester.
The charges come after a car was seen being driven erratically on Monday morning, June 28, before crashing into several cars.
A man was arrested in Nayland Road shortly after.
Simon Bland, of Colchester Road in Wivenhoe, appeared at Colchester Magistrates' Court on Wednesday, June 30.
Bland, 48, admitted charges of dangerous driving, driving while disqualified, driving without insurance, possession of an offensive weapon in a public place, and possession of a blade in a public place.
He is due to be sentenced at Chelmsford Crown Court on July 28.
- 1 Where are Suffolk’s outstanding schools?
- 2 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 3 Mapped: Suffolk postcodes with lowest level of Covid cases
- 4 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Major former Debenhams store could remain empty until 2023
- 6 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 7 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 8 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
- 9 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 10 Popular community pub announces when it will re-open