Teenager arrested after alleged hit-and-run crash
- Credit: Archant
An 18-year-old was arrested following an alleged hit-and-run in Haverhill.
Police were called to the junction of Spindle Road and Willow Close shortly after 3.20pm on Thursday, following reports of a collision involving a car and a pedestrian.
The pedestrian, a man in his 20s, sustained cuts to his head, hands and arms. He was taken to hospital for treatment as a precaution.
The driver of the car, believed to be a black Fiat 500, failed to stop at the scene.
A Fiat 500 was later found by officers in Meadowsweet Close, police said.
An 18-year-old man was later arrested at around 4.45pm on Thursday in connection with the incident.
He has since been released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 2 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 3 Some areas record twice monthly rainfall in a day - and more heavy rain to come
- 4 Ipswich Town appoint new strength and conditioning coach
- 5 'He's a proper footballer... hopefully he can stay around us' - praise for Town teenager Humphreys
- 6 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 7 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 8 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 9 Road closed after lorry crashes into tree as one person is trapped inside
- 10 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
Officers are appealing for anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has dashcam footage to come forward.
Police are also keen to hear from anyone who may have seen a small black vehicle in the area around the time stated.
Witnesses, or anyone with information regarding who was responsible, are asked to contact Bury St Edmunds CID at Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/35390/21.