Three people arrested after death of motorcyclist near petrol station
- Credit: Google
Three people have been arrested in connection with the death of a motorcyclist in St Osyth.
A man, from Clacton, came off his motorcycle near the BP petrol station at around 5.20pm on Friday.
He was pronounced dead at the scene.
A short while later, a BMW X5 was discovered abandoned by police in the nearby St Clair's Road.
Essex Police has now confirmed three people have been arrested in connection with the man's death.
A 35-year-old woman, a 58-year-old woman and a 58-year-old man have been arrested death by dangerous driving, driving whilst unfit through drink or drugs and failing to stop at the scene of a collision.
The trio remain in custody.
- 1 Striking new seafront café opens its doors to customers after two-year wait
- 2 Four-bedroom cottage on Dunwich clifftops for sale for £295k
- 3 Thunderstorm warning issued for East of England
- 4 Suffolk woman and her three dogs die in London crash
- 5 Neighbours' tribute to crash victim who 'thought the world of her dogs'
- 6 Travel: Stay on the UK's first floating glamping pod...in Beccles
- 7 A14 lane closure in Bury St Edmunds after two-car crash
- 8 Dog walker in his 70s suffers cuts and bruises after attack in west Suffolk
- 9 Suffolk market town will lose its Post Office in June
- 10 Man found unconscious in Ipswich alleyway following serious assault
Anyone with information related to the incident, or has dashcam footage of the area, is urged to contact Essex Police, quoting incident number 872 of Friday, December 18.