Ipswich betting shop staff threatened by man who stole cash
- Credit: Google Street View
Staff at a betting shop in Ipswich have been threatened by a man who also stole cash.
Suffolk police said the robbery happened between 5pm and 5.15pm on Thursday, July 15 at Betfred in Carr Street.
A man entered the shop and while he was inside he came behind the counter, threatened staff and stole cash.
If you were in Carr Street near or in the shop between 4.45pm and 5.15pm and saw someone acting suspiciously, Suffolk police officers would like to hear from you.
The suspect is described as black, approximately 6ft tall and was wearing a grey Le Coq Sportif hooded top.
Anyone with information about this crime is asked to contact South CID at Landmark House in Ipswich, quoting reference: 38441/21.
You can get in touch here suffolk.police.uk/contact-us/existing-report-update, email Tristram.Singh@suffolk.pnn.police.uk, or call 101.
Alternatively, contact the independent charity Crimestoppers 100% anonymously on 0800 555 111, or via their online form: crimestoppers-uk.org
Please note in the event of an emergency you should always call 999.
- 1 Matchday Live: Zaha puts Palace ahead from the spot
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad