Stolen car ended up 'flying 10ft into cornfield' near Mildenhall
- Credit: Suffolk Constabulary
A stolen car which has been missing for weeks has been found ditched in a cornfield.
The white Honda was stolen from a property near Mildenhall a few weeks ago.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: "Police were called shortly after 7.45am today, Thursday, August 12, following reports that a stolen car – Honda Accord – had been found in a field at Red Lodge.
"The car keys were stolen during a burglary on July 23 and they were then used overnight to steal the car from outside a property in Beck Row.
"Extensive searches, in conjunction with partnership agencies, were carried out to locate the driver but they could not be traced.
"Recovery has been arranged and enquiries are ongoing."
Any witnesses, who may have noticed the incident or manner of driver, should contact Suffolk police, quoting incident number: 37/40457/21
- 1 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 4 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 5 Lincoln City 0-1 Ipswich Town: Bonne does the business as Blues earn first win
- 6 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 9 Concerns as 12 Suffolk landfill sites could contain 'hazardous material'
- 10 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
Fire crews helped by using their drone to help search for the vehicle.