'Two suspicious individuals' spotted on primary school roof
- Credit: Google Maps
Two "suspicious individuals" were spotted allegedly attempting to start a fire on the roof of a primary school in Great Cornard last night.
Emergency services were called to Wells Hall Primary School in Wells Hall Road at about 3.45am today, Friday, January 21.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: "Officers and the fire service attended but found no disturbance on the roof.
"A very small piece of rubbish was found ignited within a bush on the school premises, which is thought to have been thrown over a fence.
"No crime of arson was recorded."
Ros Towns, headteacher at Wells Hall Primary School, said: “We can confirm there was an incident at the school in the early hours of this morning.
“Police and fire were both called and we thank them for their swift response.
- 1 Suffolk's first blue badge prosecution for Haverhill woman
- 2 Former Blue McGoldrick linked with League One move
- 3 Go-ahead given for 40 new homes in Suffolk village
- 4 Five people injured and air ambulance called after car overturned in crash
- 5 Driver blamed Amazon training for 13 speeding offences in Suffolk
- 6 Seven Suffolk villages that have received national recognition
- 7 'Significant' amount of Class A drugs and taser found at home in Suffolk
- 8 Plans seek to create traveller pitches for family use
- 9 Road closed and person trapped in car after crash
- 10 Protests against soaring fuel prices planned for Monday
“There was no disruption to school today. We will be looking at extra security measures going forward.”