Man, 33, accused of rape and false imprisonment
- Credit: Sarah Lucy brown
A Suffolk man accused of rape and false imprisonment has been remanded in custody.
Michael Halford, 33, of Elm Close, Haverhill, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court via video link on Wednesday to face the two charges at the short preliminary hearing.
It is alleged Halford raped a woman this year and unlawfully imprisoned her against her will.
The charges are indictable only, which means the case can only be heard at the crown court.
The case was committed by magistrates and Halford will next appear at Ipswich Crown Court on September 29 for his plea and trial preparation hearing.
Halford was represented at the hearing by Kelly Fernandez-Lee.
Magistrates refused a bail application and Halford was remanded in custody ahead of his next court appearance.
- 1 Bishop on his 'brutal, almost disrespectful' Ipswich exit, not fitting into Cook's system and why he's 'absolutely loving' life at Lincoln
- 2 7 of Suffolk's prettiest streets
- 3 ‘Inadequate’ private hospital closes after patients ‘put at prolonged risk of harm’
- 4 Ed Sheeran hints at new tour dates and reveals favourite Suffolk beer
- 5 Town face 'red tape' wait over Celina
- 6 Hits, misses, an 'unseen' suspension, a few goals and two still without clubs - how the departed Ipswich players are faring ahead of Bishop reunion
- 7 A14 blocked after three vehicle crash
- 8 Road outside Ipswich closed after two cars collide
- 9 Cook on whether he's missing the influence of Richardson
- 10 Your favourite pub, restaurant, café and hotel in Suffolk revealed