Pair deny drugs charges and will face trial
- Credit: Archant
A man and woman have denied drugs charges and will face a trial before magistrates in November.
Marcus Mayhew, 32, and Shannon Jones, 21, appeared at Suffolk Magistrates' Court on Tuesday for a short preliminary hearing.
Mayhew, who appeared via video link from Peterborough prison, pleaded not guilty to being concerned in the supply of amphetamine, and possessing cannabis on February 19 this year in Stowupland, near Stowmarket.
Jones, of Gainsborough Road, Stowmarket, also denied being concerned in the supply of amphetamine, possessing amphetamine and possessing cannabis also on February 19 in Stowupland.
Magistrates accepted jurisdiction for the case and both Mayhew and Jones opted for the case to be heard at Suffolk Magistrates' Court.
The pair, who were represented by solicitor Declan Gallagher, will appear for trial on November 1.
- 1 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 2 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 3 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 4 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 5 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 6 Jailed company boss to sell home to repay swindled customers
- 7 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 8 'Complete waste of our money' - uproar over Santa's grotto
- 9 Cook believes Ipswich are 'biggest and best' club in League One
- 10 More police mistakes in case of 'bubbly and funny' Emma who fell from window