Man arrested after series of arson attacks reported
- Credit: Nick Butcher
A 22-year-old man has been arrested in connection with a series of arson attacks in Bungay.
Suffolk Police arrested the man on Thursday, February 18, on suspicion of criminal damage and arson not endangering life.
He was taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning, and was later released under investigation pending further enquiries.
On February 2, bins were set alight in the Hillside Road West area of the town, and in the Queen's Road area days later on February 7.
Three earlier incidents, all in the Queen's Road area, had also been reported on December 6 last year.
You may also want to watch:
Officers have urged anyone who may have witnessed the incidents, or who has information about them, to contact officers on 101, quoting crime reference 37/278/21 for the February 2 incident, 37/72059/20 for the February 7 incident, or 37/70774/20, 37/70762/20 or 37/70726/20 for the December 6 incidents.
Alternatively, call Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Hair salon and cocktail bar opening new Suffolk site as demand 'goes bananas'
- 2 A140 closed this weekend to connect road to new roundabout
- 3 Storms uncover another large Suffolk shipwreck
- 4 Suffolk Instagram star spreads body positivity for 'mid-size' girls through fashion
- 5 Former bakery goes up for sale after restaurant plans fall through
- 6 Budget predictions: Furlough, wealth tax and VAT cuts
- 7 Ex-Town star named as U's boss
- 8 Town boss Lambert a long shot for Celtic job after Lennon quits
- 9 Town high street reopened after car crashes into building
- 10 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 1-0 win at Hull City