16-year-old charged with murder after 21-year-old man dies in stabbing
- Credit: Sonya Duncan
A 16-year-old boy has been charged with murder, following the death of a 21-year-old man in Clacton.
Harry Burkett, who lived in Grays, suffered a fatal stab wound in Orwell Road in the town on Sunday, September 12.
Police were called just after midnight and Mr Burkett was treated by paramedics at the scene. He later died at hospital.
On Wednesday evening Essex Police arrested a 16-year-old boy from Clacton on suspicion of murder and a 18-year-old woman from Clacton on suspicion of assisting an offender.
The 16-year-old boy has now been charged with one count of murder and will appear at Chelmsford Magistrates’ Court today, Friday, September 17.
An 18-year-old man and a 17-year-old girl, who were arrested on suspicion of murder, have been released on bail until October 7.
A 20-year-old woman arrested on suspicion of assisting an offender has also been released on bail until October 7.
Tributes have been paid to Mr Burkett after his death, with his uncle Pete Draper saying: "Words can't even explain how much he will be missed by his family and friends."
- 1 Richest people in East Anglia revealed on Sunday Times Rich List
- 2 'You have broken us!' - New cafe at Suffolk beauty spot on huge demand
- 3 Indiana Jones-inspired metal detectorist finds £65k Roman hoard
- 4 Severe delays on major Suffolk route after crash
- 5 'We are both in love' - Ed Sheeran announces birth of second daughter
- 6 Thetford homes left with 'significant' damage following blaze
- 7 Police carry out 'pre-planned' operation in Felixstowe road
- 8 Colchester gets city status - fuelling disappointment over no Ipswich bid
- 9 'I like his profile' - McKenna looking forward to working with Ndaba
- 10 Big sales, Bosmans and 'mutual consent' - Why contracts are a balancing act
Anyone with information that could help officers in their investigation is urged to contact Essex Police, quoting incident number 5 of September 12.