Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- Credit: Emily Thomson
A town’s country park remains cordoned off by police and tributes have been left, after the body of a woman was discovered.
Brandon Country Park remains closed to the public while police investigations continue into the death of a woman.
Officers were called by the ambulance service shortly before 7am on Friday, April 9 following reports that a body had been found in the water.
A 46-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder and was taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning, where he remains.
And police confirmed on Saturday evening they had been granted an additional 36 hours to question the suspect, having been granted permission by magistrates in Ipswich.
Investigations are ongoing but officers believe the woman are the suspect were known to each other and that the incident poses no threat to the wider public.
You may also want to watch:
The death is being treated as an isolated incident and Suffolk Constabulary is particular keen to see any CCTV footage from doorbell cameras or similar devices in the area, Bury Road and surrounding streets.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the Major Investigation Team either by using the online portal: https://mipp.police.uk/operation/363718M87-PO1 or by calling 101 and quoting reference 37/17570/21
Alternatively contact the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111, through their anonymous online form at www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 2 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 3 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 4 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 5 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 6 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 7 Exit Interview: Farewell to Ipswich Town's most iconic player of the last decade
- 8 'The honour of my life' - Chambers' message to Town fans after departure confirmed
- 9 Jeffers set for Ipswich Town coaching role
- 10 Restaurant launches giant cheesecake and cookie company