Two arrested after man left for dead in layby
- Credit: Sarah Lucy Brown
Two men have been arrested after a man was assaulted and left for dead in an Essex layby.
The 37-year-old victim was found on the B1035 in Mistley at around 5.45pm on Saturday, January 2 by paramedics who called police to the scene.
Two men from Clacton, aged 28 and 54, were arrested Wednesday January 6, on suspicion of causing grievous bodily harm.
They are being held in custody for questioning.
Police are continuing to appeal for witnesses and would like to speak to anyone who was driving in the Beach Road or B1035 area between 2.30pm and 5.30pm on January 2 and saw a red Renault van or has dash cam footage.
It is believed the victim may have been forced into a red Renault van in the Beach Road area of Clacton before being assaulted and left in Mistley.
The victim suffered a broken leg, broken ribs and facial injuries and some of them are thought to be life-changing.
- 1 15 strikers that Ipswich Town could turn to for goals this summer
- 2 Plans for 20 homes in Suffolk village unanimously refused
- 3 Fire crews tackle blaze for several hours at Suffolk farm
- 4 5 miles of congestion on A14 after crash involving car and two lorries
- 5 Community sadness after death of man who was found in river
- 6 WATCH: 'Unplayable' delivery from Suffolk bowler goes viral
- 7 Woman freed from vehicle after car overturns near to shops
- 8 Family's support for 'mum-in-a-million' after double amputation for sepsis
- 9 Long delays on A14 near Ipswich after police called to hole in the road
- 10 Boy, 14, arrested after serious sex attack in Suffolk town is released
To help, call Clacton CID on 101 quoting reference 42/1335/21.