Two arrested in connection with drug offences in Newmarket
- Credit: Archant
Two males were arrested in connection with drug offences in Newmarket yesterday.
Following a welfare check by Mildenhall Police a 54-year-old and 18-year-old were arrested at a property in Manderston Road in Newmarket.
A Misuse of Drugs Act Warrant was conducted at the property with a quantity of suspected class A drugs recovered, a quantity of cash, scales and a mobile phone also recovered.
A spokesman for Suffolk police said: “Two males were also arrested at the scene. A 54-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of permitting a premises to be used for supply of drugs and on suspicion of being concerned in supplying a controlled drug.
“An 18-year-old male was arrested on suspicion of being concerned in supplying a controlled drug.”
Both were taken to Bury St Edmunds Police Investigation Centre for questioning and subsequently released under investigation pending further enquiries.
Anyone with any information should contact Mildenhall police, quoting the crime reference 37/107/13/21.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years