Woman cyclist in her 80s suffers head injuries in collision
A woman cyclist in her 80s is in hospital with head injuries after a serious crash in Essex this morning.
Officers are currently on the scene of the incident and have closed Braintree Road in Cressing in both directions outside the Jet petrol station close to the junction with Jeffrey's Road.
The road closure is expected to be in place until at least mid-afternoon.
The closure takes in Cressing Primary School and Essex Police have been in touch with the school and they are making additional plans for end-of-school pick ups should the closure remain in place at that stage.
An Essex Police spokesman said the serious collision happened at around 9.30am.
He said: "A cyclist aged in her 80s has been taken to hospital with head injuries.
"No arrests have been made and we are investigating the circumstances leading up to the incident."
- 1 Town's Harper move held up by West Brom uncertainty
- 2 Councils to be given powers to fine drivers £70
- 3 A12 underpass closed after car stuck in water
- 4 Village in uproar as primary school attempts to change historic logo
- 5 Suffolk school goes viral after teachers post TikTok dance
- 6 ‘Exceptional’ country estate with its own airfield hits the market
- 7 Woman in master/slave relationship was asked to supply indecent images
- 8 Citroën driver taken to hospital after car comes off road
- 9 A12 clear after two-car crash at Farnham
- 10 Historic Walberswick Bell Inn closes for one week