Warning to stay indoors and keep windows shut issued after fire breaks out at maltings
- Credit: Archant
A warning to stay indoors and keep windows shut has been issued after a fire broke out at Mistley Maltings.
Essex Fire and Rescue Service were called to reports of a fire at the maltings in School Lane shortly after 6.40pm today.
They arrived to find a fire in a silo at the maltings and are now working with a number of services to tackle the blaze and keep people safe.
Due to the fire they have asked residents in the Mistley area to keep their windows shut and stay indoors.
Essex Police have closed off School Lane and trains are not currently stopping at Mistley Station due to the fire.
You may also want to watch:
Fire engines and ambulances have been seen queueing up outside of the maltings by those living nearby.
A spokesperson for Essex Fire and Rescue Service said: “Residents in the Mistley area are advised to keep their windows closed and stay indoors due to an ongoing incident at Mistley Maltings in School Lane, Mistley.
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
“We were called to a fire in a silo today at 6.41pm and are working with site personnel and other agencies to bring the incident to a safe conclusion.