Crocodile, pythons and cobras discovered during house raid in Essex
- Credit: Archant
A 4ft spectacled caiman and 16 snakes were found during a house search by police working on a drugs investigation in Essex.
Stunned detectives stumbled across the unusual animals, some of which were found dead, at an address in Southend yesterday.
Pythons, a Madagascan giant hognose snake and a scorpion were discovered in a bedroom alongside a spectacled caiman.
Another seven snakes were found dead.
Police arrested a 36-year-old man from Basildon on suspicion of cannabis production, keeping a dangerous animal without a licence and animal cruelty offences in connection with the incident.
You may also want to watch:
He was released on bail until February 13 pending further inquiries.
Anyone with information should call police in Essex on 101.
- 1 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 2 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 3 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 4 How it all unfolded: Town grab late point against Owls in bizarre fashion
- 5 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 8 Two arrested after man dies in crash
- 9 22 Suffolk schools have Covid-19 outbreaks
- 10 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic