Crossbows and swords among weapons found by police at Colchester property
- Credit: Archant
A number of weapons including two crossbows and two swords were seized by police from a property in Colchester today.
Officers executed a warrant at a property in Speedwell Road and found two crossbows, an air rifle, two swords, three knives, and a revolver during the search.
A number of electrical devices including phones and computers believed to be linked to crime were also seized.
Essex Police chief inspector Shaun Kane said: “This was a fantastic find by our officers in partnership with Colchester Borough Council.
“A number of weapons have been removed off Colchester’s streets and are out of the hands of criminals. They have been seized ahead of forensic analysis and destruction.”
You may also want to watch:
No arrests have been made and enquiries are ongoing.
Anyone with any information which could help officers are urged to call Colchester police station on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave