Fans in full voice as excitement builds for Ipswich vs Norwich derby clash
- Credit: ARCHANT
Excitement is building for today’s big derby clash between Ipswich Town and Norwich City at Portman Road.
The crowds are beginning to arrive at the ground to grab a programme and a burger before kick off at 12pm.
Ipswich fans are in good spirits, with groups breaking into song as they approach the ground.
It’s the perfect day for the big match, with the sun shining and barely a cloud in the sky.
Scores of Norwich City fans are in full voice at the Station Hotel near Ipswich Railway Station.
You may also want to watch:
The pub started selling alcohol at 6am this morning in a bid to keep fans who arrived on the early train away from the town centre.
There is a heavy police presence around the ground, including dog units and officers on horseback, although so far there hasn’t been any problems.
- 1 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 2 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 3 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 9 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
- 10 Evans returns to Town side for Millwall clash
Have you got a prediction on the score? Let us know in the comments below.