Gallery: Were you among the crowds joining in the fun of Ipswich Carnival in 1983?
- Credit: Archant
Hundreds flocked to the Ipswich high street to watch as the parade went by as marching bands led the way for the flowery floats.
Each year the carnival set a theme guiding everyone on how to decorate their floats and in 1983 the carnival was set to a floral theme.
As each float slowly went by, homemade costumes were put on display as some dressed as flowers while others made their float look like an old style garden tea party.
Marching bands were performing with the carnival parade, with those dressed in full uniforms playing their instruments as they passed.
Do you remember when Ipswich had its own carnival? Or can you spot yourself on one of the floats we feature in our gallery here?
You may also want to watch:
Let us know your memories from carnivals past by emailing them to email@example.com
- 1 Postman who abandoned 'undriveable' van wins unfair dismissal claim
- 2 Jack Whitehall praises award-winning Suffolk gastropub after visit
- 3 Town face competition from Championship club for Rotherham midfielder Crooks
- 4 A14 and A12 set for major upgrade work
- 5 Former Ipswich Town boss Keane as you've never seen him before
- 6 Caravans pitch up at Felixstowe car park
- 7 Full list: Everyone in Suffolk in the Queen's Birthday Honours 2021
- 8 Coronavirus 'growth rate' rises further in East Anglia
- 9 Glass found in popular paddling pool forcing it to close
- 10 Two men arrested after police uncover cannabis farm