Crowds pack the coast to enjoy iconic Clacton Airshow
Thousands of fans have flocked to the Essex coast today to take in the sights and sounds of the Clacton Airshow.
The event, which features some of Britain’s most iconic aircraft, has been billed as one of the best yet by organisers, given the strong line-up of aircraft including the iconic Red Arrows.
While the weather is far from perfect, the crowds have been able to enjoy flypasts from the likes of a Typhoon, MiG fighter jet, the Sally B, BBMF, Chinook helicopter and the Tigers parachute display team.
Also on show is the Avro Vulcan Bomber, the last of its kind still flying.
The show is the first such event to be held since the tragic events at Shoreham at the weekend, in which 11 people lost their lives, with a tribute read aloud by commentator Peter McNamara before proceedings got under way.
Reporter Paul Geater is at today’s show, follow him at @geates on Twitter for coverage.
You may also want to watch:
See tomorrow’s paper for more from the Clacton Airshow.
- 1 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart
- 2 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 3 Town take up contract options on duo with plenty of departures still expected
- 4 Town confirm four more exits at end of season
- 5 Armed police box in cars on A12 after men seen 'fighting with swords'
- 6 Suffolk estate which featured on TV show on the market for £1.25m
- 7 Chambers and Skuse to leave Ipswich Town
- 8 Search for man after girl, 10, accosted at B&M store in Stowmarket
- 9 Chambers and Skuse set to be headline exits on day of departures at Ipswich Town
- 10 Mark Heath: The Town players Cook should keep and release today