CSI team investigates series of allotment thefts in Wickham Market
Forensic experts have been scouring an allotment site in east Suffolk in search of evidence linked with a spate of shed burglaries.
PCSO Sallyanna Chattenberry, in her report to Wickham Market Parish Council, said there had been seven crimes reported at the Simon’s Cross allotments in the village during February.
She said the crime scene investigation team recovered two padlocks on the site, on which they performed DNA tests and dusted for fingerprints “but they all came back negative”.
“Whoever did it, didn’t leave any clues,” she added.
The PCSO said the neighbourhood safety team planned to hold a crime awareness event at the allotments at the end of this month or the beginning of April.
You may also want to watch:
Allotment holders will be sent a letter giving information about the event, she said.
- 1 ‘Demolition Man’ Cook tells vast majority of Ipswich Town squad to find new clubs
- 2 Mum-of-four with 'beautiful soul' dies after collapsing in the street
- 3 Takeaway contaminated food with raw meat and sold items past use-by date
- 4 Film crews spotted in Ipswich town centre
- 5 Royal visit from Princess Anne marks Suffolk Wildlife Trust 60th anniversary
- 6 Couple transform historic building near coast into new bed and breakfast
- 7 'Beautiful inside and out': Tragedy as mum dies 48 hours after giving birth
- 8 Steam locomotive back in Suffolk for anniversary trips
- 9 Fake parking fines handed out in Stowmarket
- 10 Ipswich Town reveal full retained list as six first-teamers get extended stays and eight depart