Cyclist assaulted after car crash in Colchester
A man was assaulted in Essex after the bicycle he was riding collided with a car, police have said.
The incident happened in Colchester around 5.45pm on Wednesday, August 23.
A cyclist and a black Ford Galaxy crashed in Endsleigh Court at the junction with Lockhart Avenue.
The cyclist was then alleged to have been assaulted.
A 60-year-old man from Colchester has been arrested on suspicion of assault and later released under investigation.
Essex Police is appealing for witnesses.
A spokesman for the force said: “Officers are keen to speak to anyone who may have witnessed the incident or seen either the car or cyclist prior to the incident taking place.”
- 1 The most beautiful places to live in Suffolk - according to estate agents
- 2 Norwood set to stay... despite seven clubs showing interest
- 3 'He's made massive strides here' - Town recall striker Simpson from Swindon
- 4 'He's a s**t house' - Stanley chairman slams Town skipper Morsy
- 5 The Secrets of Dunwich: East Anglia's lost capital
- 6 "I love him... I think he’s absolutely brilliant' - Chaplin on Town boss McKenna
- 7 'Ludicrous' - Stanley boss on 'big turning point' in Town loss
- 8 Stu says: Five observations following Town's 2-1 win v Accrington
- 9 Emergency services attend Felixstowe bungalow fire
- 10 Suspected drink driver who crashed into bush among five arrested in Newmarket area
Anyone with any information is asked to contact Pc Christopher Holland at the Stanway Roads Policing Unit on 101 or Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.