Cyclist injured after collision with bus
A CYCLIST has been taken to hospital on a spinal board following a collision with a double-decker bus in Ipswich.The accident happened on Crown Street at the junction with High Street, opposite Marks and Spencer, at 5pm today.
A CYCLIST has been taken to hospital on a spinal board following a collision with a double-decker bus in Ipswich.
The accident happened on Crown Street at the junction with High Street, opposite Marks and Spencer, at 5pm today.
A witness told police a man had been crossing the road on his pushbike when a bus was involved in a collision with him.
You may also want to watch:
The impact of the crash smashed the front windscreen of the bus and left the cyclist with a head injury.
A Suffolk Constabulary spokesman said: “The cyclist had a head injury but it is mainly thought to be bruising.”
- 1 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 2 Suffolk petrol stations avoid closure as garages shut nationwide
- 3 Don't panic buy - warning as queues form at petrol stations
- 4 Road off A14 closed after serious collision
- 5 Petrol queues worsen rush-hour traffic
- 6 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 7 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 8 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 9 'We've lost one or two from last week' - Cook reveals fresh injury set-back
- 10 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
The accident caused delays to rush hour traffic in the town as paramedics dealt with the incident.