Cyclist narrowly avoids being run over by car during robbery in Lowestoft
- Credit: Archant
A man narrowly avoided being run over by a car after he was pushed from his bike during a robbery in Lowestoft.
The victim, a 26-year-old man, was cycling along Rotterdam Road between 5pm and 5.10pm on Monday, April 2, when he was flagged down by a man on the pavement near the roundabout with Normanston Drove and St Peter’s Street.
The suspect asked the victim a number of questions before pushing him off his bike, causing him to fall into the road in front of a car which had to brake suddenly to avoid him.
The suspect took the bike and rode off along Normanston Drive and then into the nearby cemetery.
The victim chased him through the cemetery before the suspect attempted to ride down the steps leading back to Rotterdam Drive and fell off the bike.
You may also want to watch:
The victim managed to take the bike back during a tussle with the suspect, who then fled the scene.
The suspect is described as white, aged in his late 30s, around 5ft 10in tall, of stocky build and with curly, ear-length, black hair which had some grey streaks.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Lorry driver hailed as hero after truck crushed in port accident
- 3 Woodbridge bar owner to fight £1,000 fine for Covid rule breach
- 4 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 5 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 6 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 7 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 8 Woman in critical condition and man arrested after serious A12 crash
- 9 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season
- 10 Missing person from Braintree has been found
He was wearing a black woollen beanie hat with a white label, a black waist-length coat with black patches on the elboww.
He wore light blue denim jeans, brown trainers with white soles and glasses with black frames and red ends to the arms.
He spoke with a London accent.
Detectives are appealing for any witnesses to this incident to make contact.
They are particularly keen to trace the driver of the car which was forced to brake sharply and also a dog walker who shouted at them whilst wrestling for the bike in the cemetery.
Anyone with information about this incident is asked to contact East CID at Lowestoft Police Station on 101 quoting reference 17811/18. Alternatively call the charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.