D'oh! Dog saved after eating Homer toy

A DOG needed emergency surgery after she swallowed a Homer Simpson figure which became lodged in her intestine.

A DOG needed emergency surgery after she swallowed a Homer Simpson figure which became lodged in her intestine.

Dalmatian-collie Dixie devoured a chocolate egg with the figure inside before falling ill, prompting concerned owner Victoria Keir to take the 10-year-old pooch to a PDSA PetAid Hospital.

PDSA veterinary surgeon Alison Hamel said: “We needed to discover quickly what was wrong to provide the right treatment in time.

“The X-rays confirmed there was a foreign body but it was a big surprise to discover a plastic egg shell with Homer Simpson inside.


You may also want to watch:


“We see many objects that have been swallowed but this has to be one of the most unusual.

“Dixie came through surgery without any complications but if it had been left any longer, it could have proved fatal.”

Most Read

Dixie, who was prescribed a special diet after the operation to help her gain weight, is now recovering.

Ms Keir, from Aberdeen, said she can now see the funny side of the ordeal but described the experience as “extremely traumatic”.

Become a Supporter

This newspaper has been a central part of community life for many years. Our industry faces testing times, which is why we're asking for your support. Every contribution will help us continue to produce local journalism that makes a measurable difference to our community.

Become a Supporter
Comments powered by Disqus