Dad drowns in holiday tragedy
A FATHER-OF-TWO from Suffolk has drowned while on holiday in Portugal.Trevor Peck, 50, is believed to have drowned in the sea near the popular resort of Lagos, in the Algarve.
A FATHER-OF-TWO from Suffolk has drowned while on holiday in Portugal.
Trevor Peck, 50, is believed to have drowned in the sea near the popular resort of Lagos, in the Algarve.
The incident happened on August 14 while Mr Peck, from Needham Market, was on holiday. He leaves a wife, Nicky, and two daughters, Emily and Laura.
A post-mortem examination has been carried out in Portugal and an inquest was opened and adjourned on Wednesday.
You may also want to watch:
A full inquest into the circumstances surrounding Mr Peck's death will be held next month.
A spokesman for the Foreign and Commonwealth Office said the consulate in Portugal was aware of the incident.
- 1 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 2 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 3 Matchday Live: Six new signings start as Town host Palace
- 4 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Restraining order for venue boss who intimidated council leader's daughter
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
He said: “I can confirm the death of Trevor Peck on August 14 in Lagos, in Portugal. The cause of death seems to be drowning. We have received a death notice.”
Lagos is near the western end of the Algarve, about an hour from Faro, and is well-known for its picturesque beaches. Mr Peck's funeral will be held at Ipswich Crematorium on Friday.