Dales Farmhouse - a gated property with stunning views over Lawshall
- Credit: Archant
Dales Farmhouse is a stunning home, Grade II listed, which is centrally set within beautiful gardens.
The former farmhouse has a delightful setting in grounds of approximately 2.75 acres.
This home is of timber-framed construction under a pantiled roof, with bespoke double glazed oak framed and leaded windows throughout, with an inglenook fireplace in the dining room, and another fireplace in the sitting room, both with woodburners.
The accommodation has been interior designed, to a high standard, creating a home of style and taste.
There is a Farrow and Ball palette of colours throughout, quality floorings and whitened timbers which enhance the naturally light exterior.
You may also want to watch:
There is a reception hall, leading through to the drawing room which has double doors opening onto the garden.
The dining room adjoins the bespoke kitchen/breakfast room which is comprehensively fitted and includes a four-oven Aga as well as a central island unit with a rose granite work surface.
- 1 Police confirm body found in River Orwell was of a 17-year-old boy
- 2 Body found in the River Orwell
- 3 Could any released Bristol City players reunite with Ashton at Ipswich?
- 4 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Blues 'eye' Sheffield Wednesday midfielder
- 5 Exit Interview: Nydam showed 'heart, desire and hunger' but was never able to take the next step
- 6 Town looking into Portman Road safe standing area ahead of new season
- 7 Wrong way A12 driver flees scene after causing crash
- 8 Reduce your dementia risk with 7 lifestyle changes
- 9 Man in 30s airlifted to hospital following serious fall
- 10 Woman who posed as food bank staff steals Easter eggs from Morrisons
There are open studs through to the garden/family room which has an 18ft vaulted ceiling and a wonderful outlook over the garden and pond.
There are three double bedrooms on the first floor as well as an en suite shower room and a family bathroom. There is also the potential to extend.
Outside there is a studio/summerhouse beyond the pond which provides an excellent party room and could be used as a home office.
Dales Farmhouse is on the edge of the village.
The grounds are an important feature.
An automated five-bar gate opens on to a sweeping gravel drive, leading to a parking area in front of a double open-bay cartlodge.
There is also a small traditional timber-framed barn which can provide a lock-up garage.
There are rose and herb borders at the front of the house with a principal garden to the rear and to the sides.
There is a range of typical country cottage plants and flowers.
A decked al fresco dining area stands on stilts over the pond.
The natural lily pond has a waterfall feature and there is the summerhouse/studio and adjoining barbecue terrace.