Wind and rain forecast again for Suffolk
- Credit: Archant
Wind and rain will hit Suffolk again today – but forecasters say it will not be as bad as the previous two days.
After two days of wind and rain that have brought down trees and even sunk ferries, today is forecast to be breezy again.
Dan Holley, a meteorologist at East Anglian forecaster Weatherquest, said: “It’s going to be a breezy day, but certainly not as windy as we have had in recent days.
“The strongest winds will be this morning then they gradually ease down throughout the day – but it’ll still be quite breezy by the evening.”
Mr Holley said he thought the strongest inland gusts would be 35-40mph.
“We’re going to keep a fair covering of cloud for much of the day,” he said. “It will be thick enough in places for a little bit of light rain and drizzle every now and again.
“Just damp really – on and off through the day so temperatures are going to be depressed through the day.
- 1 Matchday Recap: A replay awaits as Town fail to beat Barrow
- 2 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 3 Hundreds sign petition to fix closed Suffolk road as MP visits site
- 4 Time Team using latest technology to investigate Sutton Hoo
- 5 Driver arrested for being four times over legal limit
- 6 'It's a genuine personnel issue' - Cook on goal errors
- 7 Child rapist jailed for offences dating back to 2005
- 8 Woman receives life ban from owning dogs after sheep were mauled
- 9 'It was horrible' - Shock as woman robbed and assaulted in broad daylight
- 10 'Dedicated and devoted' - tributes paid to retired teacher Annick Smith
“We’re looking at highs of 11-13 degrees.”